- 2014 - Postdoctoral Research Assistant, Lehrstuhl für Technische Thermodynamik Institut für Strömungstechnik und Thermodynamik, Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg, Germany
- 2010 - 2014 PhD, Mechanical Engineering Department of Mechanical Engineering, Imperial College London, UK
- 2005 - 2009 MEng (First Class Honours), Mechanical Engineering Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Bristol, UK
Development and application of the thermographic particle image velocimetry (PIV) technique
· Spectroscopic techniques for luminescence characterisation of phosphor particles in furnaces/flames; instrumentation development/characterisation
· Collaboration with Universität der Bundeswehr München on the investigation of film cooling flows using thermographic phosphors.
· Application of thermographic PIV to study turbulent natural convection in collaboration with TU Ilmenau
PhD - High Repetition Rate Temperature and Velocity Imaging in Turbulent Flows using Thermographic Phosphors (2010 - 2014)
Research supported by a Doctoral Training Award funded through the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC). Examined by Prof. Bruno Renou and Dr. Guillermo Rein.
Development of a novel laser-based measurement technique 'thermographic PIV', using thermographic phosphor tracer particles to simultaneously image the temperature and velocity of fluid flows.
· Development, demonstration and validation of the technique.
· High-repetition rate imaging using high-speed laser and camera technology for time-resolved investigations of transient, coupled heat and mass transfer phenomena.
· Luminescence characterisation of a novel semiconductor phosphor for temperature measurements with increased sensitivity.
Research project for Toyota Motor Europe (2010 - 2014)
Detection of hydrogen peroxides in controlled auto-ignition engines.
· Development of UV LED-based detection of hydrogen peroxides and measurement of the reaction dynamics of dissociation products using spectrally-resolved absorption techniques.
· Operation and stabilisation of HCCI combustion in a modified 5-cylinder optical diesel engine.
· Application of developed diagnostics to detect combustion species.
Engineer, Engineering Department, Pendennis Shipyard, Cornwall, UK (2009 - 2010)
Fixing and refurbishing pumps; diesel engines; couplings, shafts and bearings; AC units; and generators (six-month refit of a 37 m yacht)
Masters research project (2008 - 2009)
Experimental investigation of free convection in particle-laden fluids
Batchelor degree research project (2007 - 2008)
Experimental study of fluidised granular flows
- Flow temperature measurements using thermographic phosphors
- Combined imaging diagnostics
um zur Quelle zu kommen oder besuchen Sie die entsprechenden Fachdatenbanken.