low velocity, dense phase pneumatic conveying. The proposed research aims to provide the following advancements:
- Establish a fundamental understanding of biomass feedstock properties, focussing on the springy and interlocking biomass fibres (e.g. waste products like wheat straw and sugar cane bagasse, chipped woody products like granulated wattle),
- Investigate the unique handling properties of biomass with respect to compaction, dilation, shear and tensile response
- Define dense biomass air permeation characteristics,
- Integrate a current dense phase conveying model with biomass characterisation; and
- Validate this characterisation through use of novel and unique smart particle sensor based pneumatic conveying tests.