Bringing together leading experts from across the EU to form a cross-national observatory and funded by the UK Economic and Social Research Council, `Negotiating Brexit will:
- provide informed commentary as the negotiations develop via a dedicated website, blogs and downloadable texts aimed at a general readership in the UK and beyond
- hold conferences open to all at important stages of the negotiations
- create a digital depository of key documents available to anyone interested in the UK s changing relationship with the EU
- deliver a collective volume that tracks the approaches of governments and EU institutions from David Cameron s 2013 Bloomberg speech, through the June 23 referendum, the formal triggering of the Article 50 process by the government of Theresa May, to the negotiations themselves
- examine in an edited collection the domestic politics of Brexit across the EU
- contribute to academic scholarship on preferences, preference formation, and international negotiations
The team will work closely with the `UK in a Changing Europe , a programme funded by the ESRC to provide independent and expert analysis to decision makers, stakeholders, the media, and the general public.
The project is led by Professor Hussein Kassim, University of East Anglia, and Dr Simon Usherwood, University of Surrey.