Europäische Kommission: Culture
Rue de la Loi 200
The cultural and creative sectors embody Europe’s immensely rich and diverse cultural heritage, and contribute to the development of our societies. These sectors play a big role in the European
economy and help generate growth and jobs.
Creative Europe provides €1.46 billion over seven years to strengthen Europe’s cultural and creative sectors.
- Safeguards and promotes European cultural and linguistic diversity, and fosters Europe’s cultural richness.
- Contributes to Europe’s goals for smart, sustainable and inclusive economic growth.
- Helps the cultural and creative sectors to adapt to the digital age and globalisation.
- Opens up new international opportunities, markets and audiences.
- Builds on the success of the MEDIA, MEDIA Mundus and Culture programmes.
What does it support?
- Cross-border cooperation projects between cultural and creative organisations within the EU and beyond.
- Networks helping the cultural and creative sectors to operate transnationally and to strengthen their
- Translation and promotion of literary works across EU markets.
- Platforms of cultural operators promoting emerging artists and stimulating a truly European programming of cultural and artistic works.
- Capacity building and professional training for audiovisual professionals.
- Development of fiction, animations, creative documentaries and video games for European cinema, television markets and other platforms.
- Distribution and sales of audiovisual works in and outside Europe.
- Film festivals that promote European films.
- Funds for the international co-production of films.
- Audience development to foster film literacy and to raise interest in Europe’s films through a wide range of events.